Học tiếng Anh mỗi ngày: 29 câu tường thuật dễ gặp nhất
Trong bài viết này, chúng ta sẽ làm quen với 29 mẫu câu tường thuật thường gặp nhất trong tiếng Anh phổ thông và tiếng Anh giao tiếp. (Phần 2)
Câu trần thuật
Dùng say hoặc tell để tường thuật, thường bắt đầu bằng: He said that.../ She said to me that.../ They told me that…
VD: She said, “I’m happy to see you again.”
→ She said that she was happy to see me again.
→ She said to me that she was happy to see me again.
→ She told me that she was happy to see me again.
Câu hỏi YES-NO, câu hỏi lựa chọn, câu hỏi đuôi: S + asked (O)/ wondered/ wanted to know + if/whether + S + V
VD: “Can I use your cell phone?” She said to me.
→ She asked me if she could use my cell phone.
Câu hỏi có từ để hỏi: S + asked (O)/ wondered/ wanted to know + wh - word + S + V
VD: “Where do you live?” The man said to me.
→ The man asked me where I lived.
Câu tường thuật với động từ theo sau bằng động từ nguyên thể:
- Mệnh lệnh: S + told sb (not) to V
- Lời yêu cầu: S + asked sb (not) to V
- Lời khuyên: S + advised sb (not) to V
- Lời hứa: S + promised sb (not) to V
- Lời đe dọa: S + threatened sb (not) to V
- Lời cảnh báo: S + warned sb (not) to V
- Lời mời: S + invited sb (not) to V
- Lời nhắc nhở: S + reminded sb (not) to V
- Lời động viên: S + encouraged sb (not) to V
- Lời cầu khẩn: S + begged/ implored/ plead sb (not) to V
- Lời đề nghị: S + offered to V
- Sự đồng ý: S + agreed to V
Câu tường thuật với động từ theo sau bằng danh động từ
- Lời buộc tội: S + accused sb of V-ing
- Lời thú nhận: S + admitted to V-ing
- Lời xin lỗi: S + apologized (to sb) for V-ing
- Lời đổ lỗi: S + blamed sb for V-ing
- Lời phàn nàn: S + complained (to sb) about V-ing
- Lời thú nhận: S + confessed to V-ing
- Lời khen ngợi: S + congratulated sb on V-ing
- Lời chỉ trích: S + criticized sb for V-ing
- Lời phủ nhận: S + denied V-ing
- Lời nài nỉ: S + insisted on V-ing
- Lời phản đối: S + objected to V-ing
- Lời đề nghị: S + suggested V-ing
- Lời cảm ơn: S + thanked sb for V-ing
- Lời cảnh báo: S + warned sb against V-ing
BÀI TẬP VẬN DỤNG
1. “I would be grateful if you could send me further details of the job,” he said to me.
A. He politely asked me to send him further details of the job.
B. He flattered me because I sent him further details of the job.
C. He thanked me for sending him further details of the job.
D. He felt great because further details of the job had been sent to him.
2. “Why don’t we wear sunglasses?” our grandpa would say when we went out on bright sunny days.
A. Our grandpa used to suggest wearing sunglasses when we went out on bright sunny days.
B. Our grandpa reminded us of going out with sunglasses on bright sunny days.
C. Our grandpa would warn us against wearing sunglasses on bright sunny days.
D. Our grandpa asked us why we did not wear sunglasses when going out on bright sunny days.
3. “We will not leave until we see the manager.”, said the customers.
A. The customers decided to leave because they did not see the manager.
B. The customers refused to leave until they saw the manager.
C. The customers agreed to leave before they saw the manager.
D. The customers promised to leave before they saw the manager.
4. “Please don’t drive so fast, Tom.”, said Lisa.
A. Lisa complained about Tom’s driving too fast.
B. Lisa pleaded with Tom not to drive too fast.
C. Lisa insisted on Tom’s driving on.
D. Lisa grumbled to Tom about driving slowly.
5. She said, “John, I’ll show you round my city when you’re here.”
A. She made a trip round her city with John.
B. She promised to show John round her city.
C. She planned to show John round her city.
D. She organized a trip round her city for John.
6. The captain to his men: “Abandon the ship immediately!”
A. The captain invited his men to abandon the ship immediately.
B. The captain suggested his men to abandon the ship immediately.
C. The captain ordered his men to abandon the ship immediately.
D. The captain requested his men to abandon the ship immediately.
7. “Shall I make you a coffee?” the girl said to the lady.
A. The girl wanted to make a coffee for the lady.
B. The girl offered to make a coffee for the lady.
C. The girl refused to make a coffee for the lady.
D. The girl promised to make a coffee for the lady.
8. My friend told me, “If I were you, I would not smoke so much.”
A. My friend advised me not to smoke so much.
B. My friend warned me against smoking so much.
C. My friend prohibited me from smoking so much.
D. My friend suggested not smoking so much.
9. I’ve warned you many times _______ the front door unlocked.
A. not leaving
B. won’t leave
C. not to leave
D. don’t leave
10. Peter asked me _______.
A. what time does the film start
B. what time the film starts
C. what time the film started
D. what time did the film start
Nguồn Jolo English